If you already have the required experience in scaffolding and want to record this by
acquiring a certificate of professional competence for Basic Scaffolder, this training is perfect for you. If you’re not sure you are at the right level for this training, we can test this beforehand.
- Recertification: 5 years ago you got certified and it is time to renew it? Then sign up for one of the open registrations and when applying you place a request for recertification in the question/remarks section. You skip the first mentioned training date and join the training from day 2 onwards. This is fairly difficult and the instructor will go through the curriculum fairly quickly. It’s doable with a good dose of independent studying outside the course. If this sounds too much, then you just sign in for the whole training. No problem.
- After passing your exam, you will receive a certificate of professional competence conform ISO 17024. The certificate is valid for 5 years and during this time you are Certified conform the Scaffolding Directive.
You are at least 18 years or older, have your VCA and you have a certificate of professional competence for scaffolding assistant or you have at least 1,5 years of registered experience.
Content of the training
- Basic rules, guidelines and terms for the (dis)assembly or alteration of scaffolds;
- The safety regulations and procedures within Scaffolding and can perform a LMRA;
- To inspect scaffolding material;
- To (dis)assemble and adjust scaffolds, extensions and overpassing;
- The legal regulations that apply to standard configurations;
- Strength, rigidness ,stability and safety of a scaffold;
- To work individually on a standard configuration based of a drawing and material specifications;
- To make a bill of materials based off a sketch or drawing;
- To restore a dangerous scaffold back to a safe one;
- Your responsibilities and competences compared to the scaffolding assistant and the advanced scaffolder.