Have you been working as a basic scaffolder for some time now and are you ready for the next step? Would you like to broaden your current knowledge and start to develop your leadership skills? The Advanced Scaffolding training and helps take the next step in your carrier.
- Recertification: 5 years ago you got certified and it is time to renew it? Then sign up for one of the open registrations and when applying you place a request for recertification in the question/remarks section. You skip the first mentioned training date and join the training from day 2 onwards. This is fairly difficult and the instructor will go through the curriculum fairly quickly. It’s doable with a good dose of independent studying outside the course. If this sounds too much, then you just sign in for the whole training. No problem.
- After passing your exam, you will receive a certificate of professional competence conform ISO 17024. The certificate is valid for 5 years and during this time you are certified conform European Legislation.
You have your VCA VOL and a certificate for Basic Scaffolder or you have at least 1,5 years of relevant work experience.
Content of the training
You learn to
- Apply safety legislation, safety regulations and procedures;
- Perform a LMRA and a TRA;
- Know what your responsibilities and competences are as a supervisor;
- Work in specific circumstances such as confined spaces and operating installations;
- Estimate the amount and mass of scaffolding material;
- Apply the rules of thumb for strength, rigidity, stability and safety in scaffolds;
- Build, adjust and correct noted shortcomings in occurring scaffolds on your own;
- (dis)Assemble and adjust scaffolds on your own based on drawings, scheme’s and material specifications;
- Deliver standard configurations for the client;
- Perform a user inspection;
- Report to and communicate with the foreman, the constructor and the client;